Thursday 28 August 2014

REVIEW: The Cade Cap from the Velvet Acorn

This is a PAID pattern, so I will not be sharing the pattern itself, moreover I will share the outcome and my feelings on the ease of instruction.  See bottom of post for the links.

As I was perusing the Velvet Acorn's mountain of absolutely gorgeous patterns, this cap stopped me.  I don't know why.  Of all the adorable and intricate patterns here, this relatively plain (comparatively) pattern just called out to me.  So it quickly went in to my list of patterns I purchased.  The price I found to be very fair as well, tho I bought a bulk set of patterns.

Just a nice, quick working basic slouchy, I didn't have much trouble at all.  To be honestly, the worst part was when I realized that I had forgotten how to make a magic circle! Of all things.  Oh the sacrilege.  So I just chained. Like a good little chainer.    I used my gorgeous gorgeous Lakefront chroma worsted yarn from Knit-picks, and this hat took about 98% of the ball (100 grams).   It would probably have taken around 95% if it weren't for my two or three failed attempts at the magical circle.  I still have no idea why I had problems with that. 

The pattern is very short, and very simple to read.  Beginners, have no fear.  This is perfect, and I am absolutely in LOVE with this hat.   I am going to add a bit of personal embellishment later, if I can find the right type of button I picture in my head.  I also see exactly who would LOVE to recieve this hat.  This quick working pattern would be perfect for gifts.



LINKS:


No comments:

Post a Comment