Wednesday 21 January 2015

All right!! Lets start this with a lovely, lovely, LOVELY, wonderful pattern.

The Sunday Shawl!

Click any picture to view my Ravelry Project Page
 Lets get this started with the bees knees of patterns.  The Sunday Shawl by Alia Bland!   Now i've been stalking this pattern for weeks... No, months... Maybe even a year?  Probably.  I love it. I love everything about the design. I love the colour options, I love the way you can make a hundred different Sunday Shawls and they all look completely different from one another.   Infatuated.  Obsessed..  Either way, when I was given an Etsy gift card for Christmas from one of my best crafty friends, this was the first thing I purchased.   

http://www.ravelry.com/projects/daisymerollin/sunday-shawl

Lets start with what I refer to as my "secret shame".   I ordered wool.   My wool stash is huge, I know, I mean, well its not big enough of course, but its big.  I went to one of my favourite shops to order wool from and bought out all the supplies.   This pattern requires DK weight yarn, and quite a bit of the main colour, the alternate colours of your choice can be good for stash busting.   

Personally, I used Patons Special DK (oh the shame of acrylics!) in Cream tweed,  Cherry, Canary and Petrol (which is kind of like a blurquoise. haha figure it out).  I bought a new 5.5mm Hook, because thats how I roll (aka, i couldn't find my regular.  Thank god i work at Michaels. Employee Discounts!!!)

I blasted through this pattern.  It was extremely easy to follow, and it houses a photographic step by step so that all crocheter levels can make this beauty.  I'm wearing my first one now as i write this, though to be fair I haven't sewn in the ends yet.  Bad me. Bad. No ordering more wool until I sew in all my ends.  


details
 Being the person I am, as soon as I was done, I made another one.  This time with Caron's Simply Soft in Sunshine, Navy and Black.  You see, I have a five year old daughter and she is obsessed.  Completely and entirely obsessed, with Minions. 

chiquita banana
  
She got a minion Sunday Shawl.  I modified the size, since she was small enough to wear my shawl as a full on dress. Lucky girl eh? Bopoyyyyy!!!
 
smiles and pink eyes


 Lord, excuse my ends.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment